martes, 10 de mayo de 2011

The best day of my life

I think that the best day of my life was the first time that I went to Chiloé. I am not sure, but I think that it was on the summer of the 2000. I was ten years old, and also was the first time that I traveled without my parents because my father was working (but I met with them a few days after). I went to Chiloé with my sister and the rest of my mother’s family: my grandfather, my uncles, aunts, and cousins. 

My mother’s family arrived from Chiloé in the early twentieth century, from Chaulinec specifically, my grandmother wanted to return to the island in the 80s, but weather conditions were bad, and she never could go. In December 1999 she died, and as a tribute we gather as family in a place special for everyone.

My only concern was be having fun enough, because when you're a child the world is much more simple. I remember laughing with my southern cousins, when we was collecting corals from shore, and capturing crabs (pancoras) from the beach.

I remember the strong wind and rain hitting the roof. For the night our parents made bonfires and they told us stories of fear, and legends from Chiloé. I remember we all laughed and enjoyed.

In years later we continue travelling to Chiloé to their different islands, but we never returned to Chaulinec. Now we are more separate, and the children of this time now are adults.
But always that we met we remember that wonderful and special summer. My first encounter with Chiloé, a place that I love.

1 comentario:

  1. I also like Chiloé, it's a special and magical place, I'd love to live there for some time...cheers..

    ResponderEliminar